Pages

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Home-made vegetarian pizza





I followed the recipe from the back of a packet of yeast to get this:


After dividing the dough into two balls, I rolled them out into two rounds. Then I realized we didn't have any sauce. So I simply lubed the dough with an oil/garlic mix. Rodney and I put whatever veggies we had on them including tomatoes, olives, mushrooms, basil and green peppers on them with some torn slices of provolone.


Bake each one for about 10 minutes at 450F.

Not very easy considering you have to knead the dough. And not exactly delicious either. Certainly edible, but neither of us moaned our delight with each bite.  The crust though, came out wonderfully crispy yet slightly chewy.

Very time consuming, which is not a shock when you can order a pizza and have it delivered in less time than these took to make (about 2-2.5 hours).

However, the pizza was cheap. We had everything to make this meal anyway. If I had to guess, I'd say $5 for everything.

Maybe I'll make pizza again. If I do, I'll plan on having some sort of sauce. The garlic oil thing didn't cut it.


0 comments: