Pages

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Nick's Pizza



Since I was transitioning from my last job and started a new job recently (which includes a greater commute, though nothing as horrible as others I know), cooking at home has NOT been on the list of priorities for me the last few weeks. We've been eating out a lot. If I did cook, it wasn't worth broadcasting. Think spaghetti with Prego sauce sort of meals. And if we ate out, usually I was too hungry to mess around taking photos to blog about it or it was a Quizno's sort of thing.

This morning I was rear-ended while riding my motorcycle to work. As you can well imagine, cooking did not suddenly move up on my list of things to do. So we decided to try some Nick's Pizza.


This was our first time trying Nick's and man, it's good. Usually we go to a place called Laventina's, but Nick's is closer. It's a little more expensive, but with the density of this pizza we'll have leftovers for a couple days. (Lucky me! I LOVE leftover pizza and Rodney doesn't so it's ALL MINE!) This pizza is not a toy to be played with. It's serious pizza. Take another look, it had to weigh 5 lbs!


As I said before, it's a bit more costly than our usual joint. We got this large (16") pie with 5 items for $19.13 OTD. It is totally worth it since it is delicious and, literally, one slice had me full. One thing that surprised me was the weight of the pizza. This bad boy was heavy. The ratio of toppings was excellent, the crust was on the thick side, yet still crusty, and the entire thing was generous with cheese. Another plus is that even with all those toppings, the pie wasn't sitting in a pool of watery grease.

Very well done, Nick's.  We'll be back.


0 comments: