Pages

Saturday, December 27, 2008

What IS for dinner?

That seems to be my question on a weekly/daily basis. I try to cook daily, though it can be difficult what with my work schedule, the time it takes to cook a meal, changing things up so we aren't eating the same thing(s) over and over again, and cost.

I've tried keeping track of what we eat and the related costs, but it seems we are always in the rut of eating the same ol' thing all the time and somehow we wind up wasting food. Hopefully, with the help of keeping a blog on what we eat, I'll be able to keep track of
  1. what I've made
  2. what I would change about recipes I've tried
  3. which recipes are total losers
  4. which are absolute winners
  5. how long it takes to prepare each meal
  6. an approximate cost to make them
  7. how the meal affects my main squeeze, who has a sensitive stomach and is lactose intolerant (though he'll gladly have a second helping of something completely dairy laden if it's tasty)
  8. how to use leftovers to make a new meal

and ultimately, put new recipes into the mix rather than falling back on the old standby's every day.

Let's see how this works out...



0 comments: