Pages

Thursday, April 9, 2009

Roast Chicken Grande y Gordita...Again

I made this chicken again and this time I didn't mess around with flipping the bird all the time and I didn't bother trying to mess with making the gross sauce.

While the oven was warming up to 400°F. I lubed, salted, peppered and stuffed the bird. Then I cooked it breast side up for 15 minutes.


Then I flipped it breast-side down and cooked it for another 15 minutes.


I flipped the bird and basted it with a lot of the stock mixture and returned it to the oven.


At this point, I SHOULD have reduced the temperature to 350°F. Oops. Check out how dark and crisp the skin became!


While the bird looked good, it was a little dry.


4 comments:

Jess said...

I also love to cook and try new recipes, and something puzzles me when I sometimes read about it in blogs, and since you mentioned it, I thought I would ask you :). Why what do you make a recipe again that you thought was fine but not great, when there are so many other recipes out there to try? Just curious and would love to know your thoughts on that :-)

Jess said...

"What do" should say "would"

The Cook said...

The recipes I choose to repeat are those that I believe I may have interpreted erroneously in any aspect (which is either my ignorance or a poorly written recipe). While there are millions of recipes to try, it is just certain ones that strike my fancy and I'd hate to ditch a potentially fantastic one if it is something I'm doing wrong that makes it not come out as I'd imagined it would. I'm a home cook with no formal training; as a chemist/biologist, I don't mind executing an experiment more than once, particularly when the results are not horrible each time. Lol!

Jess said...

That makes sense! If I recall, I kinda realized that is what you do, as I read further along in your blog :). I understand that you wouldn't want to ditch a delicious sounding recipe if it's just a few tweaks away from being wonderful!