Pages

Sunday, May 31, 2009

Roasted New Potato Salad Smothered in Chives


Roasted New Potato Salad Smothered in Chives accompanying some ribs and corn on the cob.

This recipe was more of a side-note than a real recipe in the latest edition of Cooking Pleasures magazine. I looked for it online so I could give you the link to click, but it wasn't there! I don't think it much matters since I didn't change much of anything. Just know Cooking Pleasures, June/July '09 gets credit.

Roasted New Potato Salad Smothered in Chives

1 lb. small new potatoes (Yukon Gold, if available), quartered -- I used red
1 tbsp olive oil
1/2 c mayonnaise
1/2 c fresh chives, sliced
1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
1/4 tsp course salt
1/4 tsp course pepper

Preheat oven to 400°F.

Toss potatoes with olive oil; spread on rimmed baking sheet.


Bake for 30 minutes or until potatoes are tender.

Meanwhile mix mayo, chives, mustard, salt and pepper.


Toss potatoes with mayo mixture.


That's it. Serve it up warm or at room temp.


Simple potato salad in 45 minutes without a bunch of weird crunchy crap you have to pick out.
Winner!

Cost:
  • baby red potatoes: $2.39/lb
  • chives: $2.29/living plant
Total: $4.68 and had enough for Rodney and I plus a little left over.

Not bad, eh? Eat with Honey and Apple Ribs and corn-on-the-cob. Trust me, they all went well together.

I don't think this needed so much mayo. Next time I'll cut that back from 1/2 to 1/3 cup. Make it more zingy and less goopy.


0 comments: