Pages

Saturday, January 22, 2011

Better Than Bouillon Chicken Base



Whenever I execute a recipe that calls for broth or stock, I use this Better Than Bouillon stuff. (Except when I make Mexican Rice, then I use this Knorr stuff).

The ingredient statement is straight to the point, without a page of bible-sized writing including chemical components.

And look, the first ingredient is "Chicken Meat including Natural Chicken Juices." It's really from chicken meat. Novel!


The lid conveniently tells you equivilances.


Best of all, when you open the lid, it's not a scary science project in the jar.

If you don't have time to prepare stock from chicken (or beef or vegetable) remains, I recommend this concentrated stock. It's pretty good.

Available at Ralph's in the soup aisle for $4.99 an 8-oz jar.

1 comments:

The Cook said...

No problem, I should've posted on them specifically sooner as I've come across them 2-3 years ago. Their website lists a wide variety of bases, but I've only come across and tried the beef, chicken and vegetable. I keep my eyes peeled for other flavors!