Pages

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Gina's Pizza House Special



I called Gina's Pizza to find out if they'd deliver to my end of town -- and yippee they do! Rodney and I tried Gina's once, but I think it was a slice after grocery shopping. And that's not really representative of what a pizza place can do, right?

About 45 minutes from ordering, my House Special from the pizza menu arrived in this box.


Looking at the House Special, I was sort of disappointed. The cheese doesn't even reach the crust edge. What's up with that?


Pulling a slice from the pie, I couldn't help but observe that the cheese wasn't ooey-gooey (as in it looked like it was once and had cooled before I received it) and there was no moisture in the box. Believe it or not, the crust was actually a little crusty as in crunchy. That was pleasantly surprising.


The sauce, a little tangy, was lacking. I found the pie to be leaning toward the dry side. The toppings, pepperoni, sausage, mushrooms, roasted red and green bell peppers and red onion, were applied sparingly. The fact the peppers were roasted was a definite plus, but they didn't stand out as awesomely delicious as the marinated peppers on Massimo's Special.

Would I do Gina's again? Maybe for the delivery option, but I won't be going out of my way to have it again. Judging by price alone, this pizza should rank as one of the best I've had, but that's not the case. It is better than the high-priced, super skinny, salty-as-hell zpizza.

Large, 16" House Special, $27.73. A $5 toke for the driver makes it $32.73.


0 comments: