Pages

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Doria's Original Haus of Pizza, Haus Special



Could it possibly be true that I've not ordered a pizza for dinner since March?! I refuse to believe it, there must be a mistake!

Being sick and having a desire to be comforted by ooey-gooey-ness, I dialed Doria's. I showed up on time and unlike last time, didn't have to dance around diners making their entrances or exits. The pizza was ready when I got there, which was a good thing as I was in my pajamas and not feeling great.

I went for a repeat of last time, another Haus Special, though I can't remember if it was medium or large. Considering how the slice sprawls across the plate as long as does (above), I'm leaning toward large. There's the ubiquitous box...


and a pie lacking in the ooey-gooey lava-like qualities I'd anticipated.


While it tasted alright, it didn't push my buttons like last time. I couldn't help but notice that the majority of the toppings were central to the pie and unlike last time, no oozing of lava-like cheese and sauce. I wonder if this indeed was a large and the same quantity of cheese and sauce just happened to be used on my medium pie last time. Not horrible, but not as pleasing as I'd expected.

And you know what, the pizza wasn't so hot that there was any risk of fogging the camera lens. Hmm. What's up with that?

$21.23 out the door on the AmEx including $2 tip.


0 comments: