Pages

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Winning an iPad...and what to with it



I took a vendor's on-line survey at work. The prize was an iPad. I took the survey without any intention or hopes of winning the iPad as I had no idea what the hell to do with it if I'd won.

So I won it.

Between the time I found out I'd won it and received it, I did some Googling.

This iPad will replace any recipes I would otherwise print out. It's a small laptop/TV right in my kitchen! And I love the Epicurious ap, I'm sure I'll find it quite handy.

I did have to get a wireless router (I selected Belkin as I've used their products at work and low cost) to be able to use the iPad at home since I only have a cable-internet to my permanently-located desktop, but that was only $40 and very easy to install.

Looking forward to getting a ton of kitchen use from this gadget!

2 comments:

Laura said...

SO cool! I never thought about the fact that it could be used for cooking... I ALWAYS cook off computer recipes but an iPad would be perfect for that. However, not worth the $400 price tag. I think I need to try to win one!

The Cook said...

When it dawned on me to use the iPad in the kitchen, my "what am I going to do with this thing" mentality did a 180 instantly.

Not only do I use it to view a recipe (or more) from my blog as well as other sites as I'm cooking, but it's convenient to watch a TV show on it via the ABC Player ap as I manually do dishes (due to the crap fact that I have no dishwasher).

I plowed through some pretty viscious piles of dishes as I watched episodes of Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution. It beat having negative thoughts like, "Why the bleepity-beep-beep didn't bleepity Rodney do these bleepity-beep-beep dishes?"

I'm trying to get into the swing of using it to compile my grocery lists, but as of now I still rely on pen and paper.

Best of luck to you in winning an iPad for yourself! My fingers are crossed!