Pages

Sunday, May 23, 2010

In-N-Out for dinner

In-N-Out Double-Double without onions, cheeseburger with onions, and fries

Rodney and I were hungry and since I didn't do any real grocery shopping, we went out to find what was open.  Seeing it was open, I became quite excited about the infamous California burger joint, In-N-Out.

As the name suggests, the drive-thru is always hoppin', meaning it's jammed with a line-up of cars at all hours of night and day. Fortunately, it is pretty quick.

I was surprised by how our to-go food came: in a box, burgers and fries exposed. Weird. Did they think we'd eat in the parking lot? However, I appreciated it as it didn't use much more paper product than what you'd get if you ate in when they give you a little red basket lined with paper. And the box? Recyclable.


By the time we got home, we'd eaten the majority of the fries. And those fries? The best I've had from In-N-Out yet. I'm not sure what this location did to make them that good, but they should let other stores know the secret.


As for the burgers, they weren't too bad. The onion was heavy, an entire slice from a big onion, but I liked that the tomatoes were thick and the lettuce leafy rather than shredded. I'm not too sure that I care for the Thousand-Island saucy stuff, but it is a nice change from mayo.

Cost:

  • cheeseburger with onion: $2.05
  • double-double without onion, medium combo with fries and Coke: $5.70
Total: $8.48.

Nearly half the price of an equivalent (though with large combo) from Carl's Jr.


0 comments: