Pages

Sunday, December 19, 2010

Black and White Bean Chicken Chili, Five Months Old


Five-month-old Black and White Bean Chicken Chili thawed in the refrigerator two days

This Black and White Bean Chicken Chili was born July 15th. I thawed and reheated a bowl of the leftover Chili one month later, August 20th. There was a 7 cup bowl of this chili that remained in the freezer until just a couple days ago. I transferred that solid bowl of chili to the fridge. We'll see how the flavor, heat, and liquid volume held up after 5 months of frozen solitude.

I removed the lid and saw that the chili was completely thawed.


The chili was turned into a saucepan and reheated over medium/medium-low heat.


The chili was transferred to a bowl and I chowed. It was just as spicy as it was day 1 and I couldn't help but notice that the liquid volume was toward the high side, compared to images of the chili in earlier posts.



As for my saying once, long ago, that the juice somehow dissipates over time in the freezer is probably dead wrong. It's quite likely Rodney and I ate the juice during earlier rounds.


0 comments: