Pages

Monday, December 27, 2010

Standing Rib Roast Leftovers


This crusty hunk of beef is dinner to be eaten without any utensils. Over 3 days. Ok, maybe 4.

Christmas day my SIL and I threw down some food from recipes found on the fly. We did a hunk of beef utilizing Ciao Chow Linda's Standing Rib Roast recipe as well as her Yorkshire Pudding. Both dishes neither of us had prepared before. The pudding was my first experience even in tasting, so didn't know what to expect at all. SIL made it known that gravy was part of the pudding experience and not having was detrimental.

We whipped something together, but it was gross. Think chicken fat gravy, heavy on the fat. The mood over the pudding was not a good one.

The beef though, while a couple degrees overdone, was tip top! I LOVED it and liked that we didn't know how to carve it so I was able to call on the bones from my nephew's plate like it wasn't nothin'. Gnawing on bones and sucking marrow is my thing.

The hunk of beef in the 10" pie dish is from one end of roast we'd had for Xmas dinner. I'm going to eat it like a cavegirl, crusty side first.

0 comments: