Pages

Monday, August 10, 2009

Fridge goin' AWOL

We're shopping for a new/used 'fridge. It sucks.

Rodney mentioned a couple weeks ago that he noticed our fridge is running constantly. Not believing him completely, I went on with business as usual. Then some fresh country-style pork ribs went bad within 2 days. Hmm.

As a test, I took out a package of frozen boneless skinless chix boobs and thighs to thaw in the fridge. Usually, this takes about 2-3 days. ONE DAY and they were nearly thawed completely. Yikes!

I looked at BestBuy.com, thinking refrigerators wouldn't cost any more than one arm, certainly not an arm and a leg, for a plain ol' white model with the freezer on top without an ice maker. I found one for about $450, thought that would work, and was ready to buy. Rodney talked me into going to Best Buy and looking at the refrigerators, just to be sure that cheap one is the one I really liked. It was tiny, a 14 cubic footer. Ours, it turns out, is 18.2 cubic feet, about 13 for fresh and 5 for frozen.

We looked at the other refrigerators at Best Buy, then at the ones at Sears. Now I'm looking at Craigslist. Hopefully, we'll find something that fits in our apartment that is not an eyesore or killer expensive.

Wish me luck.

0 comments: