Pages

Monday, August 10, 2009

Meatloaf...made with Soymilk

Since the 'fridge is going out, I figured we'd try to eat what is left in the 'fridge/freezer without buying new stuff to experiment. We have a lot of ground beef; it's been a while since we've had meatloaf. Now's a fine time to see how meatloaf works if one doesn't use real milk. Maybe with soymilk, Rodney and I will be better off (as in he'll be much less gassy).

I followed this recipe to a T, except I substituted soy milk for regular. And it seemed to be a fantastic substitute!
  
Everything mixed together normally.


And the loaf cooked nicely, no weirdness whatsoever.

Tastewise, I couldn't tell a difference between this and the usual milk recipe.  Unfortunately, it didn't make any difference on Rod-steaks gas output. Maybe it's the ground beef and onion mix. I'll have to put together a nice little design of experiment to put this question to rest.

Regardless, I got to enjoy some meatloaf, one of my favorites, especially the crispy ends.


0 comments: