Pages

Monday, August 24, 2009

Spice-Rubbed Chicken Boobs with Honey Glaze


Spice-Rubbed Chicken Boob, steamed green beans and bread.

Originally I intended to prepare some Tapenade-Stuffed Chicken Breasts. But man, it was so hot tonight. Hot enough that I put off beginning dinner prep until about 9. At that point, I cut up the two chickens I'd purchased, carving out the boobs (skin on and bones intact) and bagging the wings, drums, thighs and remainders in labeled bags thrown into the freezer for later use. I have not forgotten that I was planning on making some chicken stock.

Once completed, I goofed off a while, waiting for the ambient temperature to go down. When Rodney started getting a bit anxious, I decided it was time to start cooking. That's when Rodney pointed out one important thing my keen recipe eye had neglected to note: a 60-minute marinade for the tapenade stuffing. Ouch.

Rodney volunteered that we have this recipe from Week of Menus with the boobs instead, which I thought was a fantastic idea!

I prepared everything just like before except I cut the honey/vinegar mix in half. And used only the breasts. Since the breasts were whole halves, I thought broiling steps and time had to be modified, but it worked out ok.

Spice Rubbed Chicken with Honey Glaze

4 chicken half-breasts
4 cloves garlic, minced or crushed
2 tbsp paprika
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp cayenne
1 tsp salt
2 tbsp olive oil
1/4 c honey
1.5 tbsp rice vinegar

Preheat broiler. Line broiler pan with foil.

Dump spices and oil in the gallon Ziploc with the chicken breasts, mix thoroughly to coat chicken evenly.


Place chicken breasts on foil-lined broiler pan and broil approximately 28-30 minutes, checking every ten minutes, brushing with honey-rice vinegar mixture and turning as necessary every 9-10 minutes.

Remove chicken from broiler, give the boobs a final brushing and let stand 5-10 minutes before serving.



Yup, this chicken was just as good as it was the last time.  This is definitely one that will be a regular for us. 


0 comments: