Pages

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Steak and Potato Salad

Rodney found the bag of marinating steak in the freezer and alerted me to the fact that the marinade wasn't frozen.  Terrific.  I wasn't gung-ho about having steak twice in a row, but if the stuff isn't freezing, what do ya do?

Instead of having steak and potatoes again, I figured I'd mix it up a bit - in salad!


















I broiled the steaks just like I did last night, let them rest for 10 minutes, the whole nine yards. 

Meanwhile, I chopped up some of the iceburg and romaine lettuces and added some baby spinach; diced a tomato, heated the leftover 2 cups of potatoes by pan-frying them in oil and for kicks threw in some semi-thawed frozen corn.
In two bowls, I layered the greens, tomato, potatoes and corn.  Then I carefully sliced the beef and threw it on the salad.  Rodney had his with Catalina dressing and I opted for some Italian.

The sweetness of the steak marinade actually worked out well in this salad.  I was quite pleased with how it turned out.  And there was enough left for me to take to work for lunch, which is always a treat.

Dinner was done in about 30 minutes and the leftovers were utilized to make a new "fresh" meal.  I love it!


0 comments: