Pages

Friday, August 6, 2010

Round Table Pizza

Round Table large King Arthur Supreme

After a week of eating Chef Salad-ish salads and roast beef sandwiches or wraps for dinner, I wanted something else. Being Friday, a pizza was called for, even though I had pizza regularly for lunch.

I prefer to buy from Mom and Pop sort of places, but I'll be honest. I had a bit of a buzz-on and driving was not to be done on my part. So I called Round Table, a chain located strictly on the west side of the US of A (including HI and AK), that I knew with certainty would deliver to my apartment. That's what chains do, right?

After ordering a King Arthur's Supreme, I chatted with Rodney on the phone. The pie was delivered right around the 45 minutes specified.

It came in this box.


And it looked like this when I opened said box.


Sure enough, there were pepperoni, Italian sausage, Italian dry salami, linguica, white mushrooms, green peppers, yellow onions, and black olives.

And this is what two slices looked like when plopped onto my plate.


While the crust is pretty thin, as in nearly microscopic, the toppings and sauce are good. Round Table says the sauce is "zesty" and I'll give them that. Each bite is on the spicy side, which is better to me than being sweet when it comes to pizza. If I wanted sweet, I'd have cookies for dinner.

My brother is not a fan of pizza (which is simple freakery to me) and he prefers Round Table. That counts for something.

Large Round Table King Arthur Supreme ran me $23.29. And I gave the driver $5 for delivering the pie and keeping Spooky in the apartment while I signed for it.


0 comments: