Pages

Sunday, November 28, 2010

PW's Pan-Fried Pork Chops


Pork chop prepared from Pioneer Woman's recipe, served with Roasted Garlic and New Potatoes with a side of steamed broccoli

While at a store with a friend, I spied some bone-in pork chops and before I knew it, had them in hand. I browsed around online to see the various ways to prepare them and saw this recipe. The only thing I changed was to cut everything down to a quarter of the original recipe.

PW's Pan-Fried Pork Chops
from The Pioneer Woman Cooks

2 thin-cut bone-in pork chops
1/4 c all-purpose flour
1/4 tsp seasoned salt
1/4 tsp black bepper
cayenne pepper, to taste
½ c canola oil
1 tbsp butter

Salt and pepper both sides of the pork chops.


Combine all dry ingredients.


Dredge each side of the pork chops in the flour mixture, then set aside on a plate.

Heat canola oil over medium to medium-high heat. Add butter.


When butter is melted and butter/oil mixture is hot, cook 3 pork chops at a time, 2 minutes a side.



Allow chops to stand a few minutes before serving.



Freaking delicious and so fast! The chops were done in just a few minutes and came out so tender and juicy. The bones were excellent for gnawing as well.  By the time I started in on a chop, I regretted that I'd only picked up two of them.  I know better for next time.

Cost:
  • pork chops: $1
Total, including a SWAG of $1 to cover flour, butter and oil: $2 or $1 per chop.


0 comments: