Pages

Saturday, May 28, 2011

Nature Sensations Fresh Rosemary, Thyme and Sage


The recipe for spareribs calls for fresh rosemary, thyme and sage. I bought packages of each. While I have used fresh thyme and sage previously, I didn't talk about it at all and well, I guess I just feel the need to illustrate that you don't need to be a gardener to have fresh herbs. I'm certainly not a gardener as I regularly kill any basil plant I try to keep.

And look! They really are fresh! There were a couple of tiny brownish thyme leaves, but overall, the herbs were healthy.


When I use fresh herbs, I make it a point to put them in water to rinse any big chunks of grossness off. They do grow in dirt.


After a brief soak and swishing, I roll the fresh herbs in paper towel to dry.


Fresh herbs available from Grower's Direct in 1 oz packages for $1.29 each.


0 comments: