Pages

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Oxo Good Grips 2-Cup Fat Separator



Even longer than the length of time I've honestly wistfully wanted for an enameled Dutch oven is my wistful want for a fat separator.

When shopping, I'd perused with a fat separator in the back of my mind and never had luck. This time, I made my way to a cooking store specifically for this sucker. I've been without for too long.

I considered going with the borosilicate glass option, but was afraid I'd break it. Thus the plastic one. Looking back on it, I should've gone with the larger 4-cup option.    


Use is simple and straightforward:
  1. Insert the strainer over the large cup opening; insert stopper into pourspout
  2. Pour gravy/sauce through the strainer
  3. Let stand, allowing fat to rise
  4. Remove the strainer and the stopper, pour out the lean until only fat remains.
Available at Sur La Table, out the door for $13.05 on the AmEx.

0 comments: