Pages

Sunday, September 23, 2012

Magners Irish Cider



The pork stew recipe calls for some hard apple cider. Fortunately, the little beverage-to-consume-with-dinner blurb suggested a hard cider such as the "dry, appley Magners". I went to the store thinking that Magners would be applejack.

Imagine my surprise when upon asking for Magners the store employee led me toward the lower alcohol content beverage half of the store.


Interestingly, Magners has an ingredients list and nutrition facts on their label. I don't recall ever seeing that on a beer. While it doesn't state it explicitely on the bottle, the website does confirm the Irish cider is gluten free.


The foil, slightly annoying since it was so thin and kept tearing, yielded to expose a simple cap.


And it smelled appley. If it wasn't carbonated, I'd be tempted to taste it.


Magners Irish Cider, available in the beer section of BevMo! for $3.19 a 19.2-oz bottle.

0 comments: