Pages

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Pork Tenderloin Silverskin



The last two times I prepared pork tenderloin recipes, I was ignorant about pork silverskin. When eating the pork, I couldn't help but notice that while the flesh was tender some of the pieces had a little bit of chewy stuff on them. And that is the silverskin.


Before executing the next tenderloin recipe, I looked around to see if there was a simple way of removing silverskin from pork tenderloin. There doesn't seem to be a slick method of doing it; it's just a matter of cutting the stuff away from the meat. Jacques Pepin completes the task in about 30 seconds (fast forward this video to the 12:54 minute mark).


I had a rough time hanging onto the silverskin and used paper towel to grab it. While it didn't come off in two nice pieces like Pepin's did, I got the job done.

Single pork tenderloin available at Ralph's on sale for $4.99/lb - mine was 1.11 lbs, coming out to $5.54

0 comments: