Pages

Monday, May 27, 2013

Grocery List, 052713

I didn't do any grocery shopping last week, instead eating breakfast for dinner on the nights I didn't eat chocolate chips. Oh, did I tell you? I'm back on Dr. Pepper at work. Sigh.

I've been reading a couple of motivational blogs (they aren't motivational by design, but by virtue) recently and I'm all fired up to eat healthy(er). Plus the coworker I typically lunch with is planning to do the Crazy Lemon Juice diet of Beyoncé fame for his third (?) time soon. It works for him as long as he sticks to eating healthy after the mega weight loss. Personally, I'd probably pass out into the second day. Me and a lack of sugar just don't mix, yo. Anyways, that means I'll be bringing lunch again. Not this week, but the week after.

Since it's Memorial Day and everyone in the world is grilling out, I'm giving it up for the folks, like me, with no grill: Caramelized Chipotle Chicken with Classic Calabacitas and Mexican Red Rice. IF I get all gung-ho, I might even make a few flour tortillas. Conveniently, this should mean one simple stop at the local supermercado.

For the event (and because this is the fourth day off work in a row and I'm driving myself mental) I've even cleaned the oven. I know, I know! I shouldn't have! Details to come.

El Metate
groceries: $8.22

Meat & Produce
garlic (5): $1.10

Total: $9.32
Total for the year: $774.27

0 comments: