Pages

Saturday, February 27, 2010

Inka Mama's Inka Special leftovers

Yesterday I went out to lunch with a co-worker. We went to a place called Inka Mama's, a Peruvian place. I was hoping to find what I had for lunch on the online menu, but no luck. Or no patience -- I didn't read each online listing. The one I selected was the Inka Special from the lunch menu.

We started with complimentary unlimited bread that smelled really good and tasted equally delicious. The bread came with butter and an unlabeled bottle of some green stuff. Skipping the butter, I squirted some of that green stuff on the bread. It was certainly pepper and something else I couldn't put my finger on. Later after inquiring, I found it was serrano peppers, lettuce and onions. That's it! Lettuce! Who'd have guessed that lettuce could be a component in something so awesome?

When we ordered, we each had soup or salad as an option. I asked the waitress to surprise me and she suggested I get the soup. So soup I agreed with. And that cup of soup was awesome. It was chicken with rice and vegetables and some sort of green broth that was warming and quite hearty.

My dish arrived and it was positively radiating glowiness, if that makes any sense. The rice was perfectly done. The sauce was light, the peas and carrots were tender yet crisp. Even the french fries in the dish were great. My only complaint is that the chicken was a little overdone. Dark meat would have fared better here.

I could eat only half and brought the rest back with me in a box. Fortunately, I remembered to bring it home so I could have it for lunch today.

Inka Special in the take-out box.

I transferred it to a small bowl and microwaved it 3:30 minutes on 40% power.


And it was awesome...again!


Doesn't natural light make everything so much more tasty-looking? Sometimes I wish I worked third shift just so I could make dinner in the morning and take better images.

Maybe I should just take my ass to work earlier in the a.m. so we don't eat dinner at 11 p.m. every day.

Yeah, right.

0 comments: