Pages

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Chicken Chilaquiles-Spiced Tacos


Chicken soft taco, loaded with chicken, romaine lettuce, diced tomatoes, Mexican-blend cheese and salsa, ready to be folded and devoured!



Let's get in a little closer, shall we?




Look at how the chicken color contrasts the tortilla and toppings; and yet it fits in so perfectly. Like fudge sauce on vanilla ice cream. Sort of.



Now let's get in just a little bit closer...





Mmm, looook at it. Tender, moist and uber-delicious chicken leg meat. Oh how I love that dark meat. Some pieces have a bit of a seared quality, offering varying texture with each bite. The color -- not all all boring to look at, is it? And the flavor, oh, the flavor!

Click for the recipe. You'll regret it if you don't!


2 comments:

Laura said...

Mmm, I had chilaquiles every day for breakfast when I vacation in Mexico, but for some reason, I never bothered to look for a recipe when I got home. So glad you posted this - these look delicious!

The Cook said...

Thanks for the comment, Laura. I've yet to vacation in Mexico and believe it or not, hadn't tried chicken chilaquiles until I made them myself!

If you do the chilaquiles or chilaquiles-spiced soft tacos, be sure to let me know how they turned out. It'll be neat to hear how they compare to the authentic stuff.

Believe me, if you say there's better, I'll go looking for it and will post every trial and error along the way.