Pages

Sunday, March 21, 2010

Food Plan and Grocery List, 032110

My nephew stayed over Saturday night and we got back home after dropping him off around 5.  Since I am inept when it comes to putting a food plan together unless I have about 7 hours to spare, we're going to be winging it this week.

I did check the food inventory and outside of vegetables, I should be able to put something decent together every night.

Carry-overs from last week include:
  • Ginger-Glazed Mahi Mahi (I need to find where I first found that recipe)
    • simmered brussel sprouts
    • potatoes of some sort
  • Arroz con Pollo
    • Sauteed Plantains
Other possibilities include a shrimp dish, another shrimp dish, something including 1 lb of ground beef, something else calling for chicken boobs or legs, and more mahi mahi.  We'll see.

I will be stopping at the store for vegetables, which is ok.

I'll include the food stop we made yesterday here:

Stater Bros.:
  • eggs: $2.59/18
  • cocoa powder $3.69
  • Kraft mac and cheese: $1.98/2 boxes
  • boneless, skinless chicken breasts: $5.88
  • corn on the cob: $3.36/4
Total: $17.50

Stater Bros. 032610:
  • Roma tomatoes: $2.35/1.18 lb
Grand Total: $19.85.

0 comments: