Pages

Friday, October 16, 2009

My Camera!

It took a crap! I was finishing up the 8x8 meatloaf (the images of which are now stuck in said camera) and when I went to turn the camera on for the final shots; it wouldn't power up. The on/off button is stuck in the depressed position. Great.

..............................................................................................
102509

I felt weird without having a camera now that I collect images of nearly everything that happens in the kitchen. I bought a new camera last week after much online shopping and internal deliberating. It will be interesting to see how the images I gather from now turn out. And we'll see if I'm able to round up the images that are saved on the old camera. I am not gadget friendly.

Here's the first food image I collected with the new camera. It's not a beautiful food image as it is literally what was left of a sandwich from leftover meatloaf. That sandwich was left on the plate at room temperature for about 4 hours.



It does look good (the image, not the sandwich) but it is biased by the fact that it was taken in natural light as opposed to unnatural, which is the norm for me as 99% of all my cooking and imaging is done after 8 p.m.

We'll see how this thing works out.

0 comments: