Pages

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Tombstone Pizza, the frozen stuff


Hot Tombstone pizza slices.

Frozen meals are not a big one on my "fave's" list. Other than pizza, the only meal on the frozen-food list is Banquet Fried Chicken.  I do enjoy some Banquet Fried Chicken, fresh from the oven, with a side of Kraft Macaroni and Cheese, both slathered in ketchup. 

Unfortunately, Rodney is nearly inside out after a meal of grease and milk-laden pasta, so needless to say, it's been a long time since I've had some Banquet.  Something like 2+ years.   

That's not the point though, is it?  Back to it:  

Since Tombstone Pizzas were on sale, I grabbed a couple.

Preheat oven to 400°F.

Slide frozen pizza onto middle rack of oven.

Bake 19 minutes. Transfer to a baking sheet or cutting board. Cool for 5 minutes, slice and serve.

The pizza came out of the oven a little warped.

While this wasn't as tasty as Red Baron, it wasn't horrible. It'll make a turd.

$2.50 which makes two servings at $1.25 each.

I do have to say that I like how much less packaging there is with the Tombstone compared to Red Baron.  It's pizza and a sheet of paper shrink-wrapped in plastic.  That's it.  Red Baron has the pizza covered in shrink-wrap inside a really unnecessary box.

Maybe I'll write a letter to Red Baron and let them know they could be greener, which would cut the cost of packaging, in turn allowing them to pass on the savings to us, the consumers.  I'm sure their marketing people will have a fit at first, but eventually, they'll see the light.


0 comments: