Pages

Sunday, October 4, 2009

Spaghetti with Leftover Olive, Mushroom and Meat Sauce


Spaghetti and garlic bread.

After shopping for the week, I managed to jam it all into the fridge. And while manipulating everything to make it fit, I found a meat sauce with olives and mushrooms in it. Looking back through my entries, I see that I made this sauce September 17th. See? Back-dating does serve a purpose!!! Right then I knew this sauce has aged 2.5 weeks.

Counting on the fact that spaghetti sauce is acidic, I anticipated this "old" sauce would be just fine reheated.

I simply reheated the sauce in a skillet while the noodles were cooking in a pot of boiling water.



The spaghetti tasted great and neither of us got sick. So, if you have some old sauce in your 'fridge, don't be scared to use it. You'll be ok. Unless it's furry -- look for fur. If it has fur, I'd leave it alone.

Cost: free. Leftovers!

And an excellent way to get dinner done quickly after shopping.


0 comments: