Pages

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Glazed Lemon Loaf with Rum, Take 2


Hot sugared-rum soaked lemon bread!

Since we had leftover Vietnamese Chicken in Caramel-Ginger Sauce for dinner tonight, that left me a bunch of time to make this bread again.

Last time I made this, Rodney ate it with vigor while it was still warm. The next day, he ate some more and mentioned that it was better since the rum had mellowed out (technically, gone off).

This time, I decided to brush the sugar-rum mixture onto HOT loaves of bread, which would allow the rum to evaporate that much quicker.

I prepared the loaves just like last time, but didn't mix them as much -- some of the floury stuff can be seen on the loaves. If you didn't know, overmixing a quick bread will turn it into a brick. Avoid overmixing unless you like bricky bread.


I turned the hot loaves out of the baking dishes by loosening them with my smallest rubbery spatula until they were ready to fall out.


Then I glazed them straight away. Notice that I placed a sheet of waxed paper under the cooling rack to catch the glaze bits that drip off. Smart, huh?


After a few minutes, I started slicing the bread and it worked! Less alcoholic but still rum flavored.

Click for the printable

0 comments: