Pages

Sunday, October 31, 2010

BC Broiler

I wanted to try a new place today. Well, what I really wanted was a big, juicy burger from a new place. I had beef on the palate and I wanted something good to satisfy. OC voted TK Burgers the Best Burger this year. While I tried finding the joint and finally succeeded, what I found was that TK Burger is closed on Sundays. At least the location on 19th is.

Dicking around, trying to figure out where I wanted a burger from, I wound up driving by BC Broiler on Newport. Flames from within observable from the street brought me in. I parked in the small lot and walked in through the back door to be overcome with the delightful aroma of BBQ. Mmm!

I perused the menu quickly and decided to stick with what I was craving, a burger. Yes, a dumb choice in a BBQ place. I should've gone with the ribs.

Nevertheless, the extremely quiet and to-the-point guy behind the counter took my order and then prepared it. Frozen patty on an open broiler. At least he gently toasted the bun.

This is exactly what Anthony Bourdain is talking about when he says to order whatever the place specialty is. I should've gone with the flame-broiled chicken on mechanical-spit. Or at the least the friggin' ribs! And they were beef ribs even! Insert image of myself kicking my own ass here.

Here's photos of my meal:



While not great, the burger and fries were edible. I need to go back and try the chicken and ribs.

$7.06 on the AmEx, a couple of cash bucks in the toke jar.


0 comments: