Pages

Sunday, October 17, 2010

Woodbridge Carbernet Sauvignon


Woodbridge Cabernet Sauvignon by Robert Mondavi is offered in a fourer, like a sixer, but doesn't roll off the tongue quite as nicely.

As I needed some red wine for the oxtail recipe I'm about to swing, I purchased this four-pack red wine, each bottle just 187 mL. That means each bottle contains 0.8 cups of red wine, which is just over 3/4 of a cup, which means it's just about perfect for cooking purposes.

I ranted about what drinking wine does to me and how I'm a novice at selecting wine so I'll shut up about that, because really, the situation is no different than before. However I will say that if you came here looking for a recommendation, you're in the wrong spot.

If you don't like to drink it but enjoy the partaking in some winey beef, get a four-pack. While the price per mL isn't all that great, at least you won't be wasting half a bottle when you cook something and there will be more unopened bottles to use at your convenience.

Available at Ralph's, conveniently located at the end of a wine aisle, $6.99 a fourer. Just look for the wine in to-go packs on the top shelf.


0 comments: