Pages

Thursday, October 7, 2010

E-Z Take Out Burger, Combo #2



Today I had a migraine. It sucked. When I woke hours later to the sounds of a new neighbor moving in upstairs, I felt relief from the stabbing, throbbing, pulsing migraine pain and kaleidoscope eyes. It was very dark, though the street lamp outside offered a view of my often-boorish cat, letting me know that he'd been sensitive to my needs and had stayed curled in his little ball next to me and my fetal position, his little black hands over his face covering his eyes, as if he shared my troubles.

Slowly staggering around the apartment to acclimate myself to the time and even the day, I realized I was hungry. I fed the cat and went hunting for flesh.

I swung through E-Z Take Out Burger, a place that looks like it's been there since the 70's or earlier, with a dual drive-thru reminding me of Checker's back home (Rally's out here), something natives around here associate with In-N-Out.

Pulling the burger and fries from the bag, I was happy with the fries, but a little disgruntled about the burger. It didn't even fill out the burger baggy.

Chomping through the burger, I did find that I liked a couple things. One, the quantity of lettuce: there was a ton. I like lots of greens on my burgers. Two, the burger itself, though extremely thin, wasn't overcooked. Condiments were applied in sufficient quantity too. I just wish the beef was a little bit thicker.



Turns out this amount of food was perfectly sufficient. If I was absolutely famished, I might have been disappointed.

A combo #2 comes with a cheeseburger, fries, and a medium beverage (I opted for root beer as Coke products were unavailable).

Total: $5.59

EZ-TakeOut Burgers is open til 10 most days but are open 'til 11 Thursday-Saturday. And while they don't offer Coke, they do take AmEx.


0 comments: