Pages

Sunday, July 10, 2011

La Tortilla Factory Home Made Style Grande Corn Tortilla



I thought I'd purchased these La Tortilla Factory white corn tortillas once before and liked them. It looks like I was wrong. I didn't purchase them before. Likely, I was thinking of the last brand I bought, the pillowy ones.

Eating one straight from the package in lieu of lunch didn't turn me on to eating more of them. The ingredients might be why.

Ingredients: water, stone ground corn masa flour, wheat gluten, contains less than 2% of each of the following: sea salt, aluminum free leavening (sodium acid pyrophosphate, sodium bicarbonate, corn starch, monocalcium phosphate), guar gum, cellulose gum, fumaric acid, trace of lime, to maintain freshness (sorbic acid and calcium propionate, potassium sorbate).

Available from Stater Bros. in a package of six for $2.99.

0 comments: