Pages

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Ralph's Heavy Whipping Cream


Typically, heavy whipping cream is not on my grocery list. I guess I consider it the ingredient in whipped cream and that's it.


See the ingredient statement? Heavy cream, skim milk, contains less than 1% of each of the following ingredients: mono- and diglycerides, polysorbate 80 and carrageenan. Contains 36% milkfat.

It's the milkfat that let's you whip it into cream.

Fortunately, when I do decide to get some, it's available in a half-pint so I'm not wasting a ton.

Just an FYI, if you have some, you can use it to make Turkey Pocket Pies, Part 1. Or make White Russians, aka known as "Caucasians" by Jeff, The Dude, Lebowski.

Ralph's heavy whipping cream, available for $2.29/half-pint.


1 comments:

Spooky Boo said...

That's actually scary. Heavy whipping cream should never have half of those ingredients.I use HWC in my low carb diet and all of that would make me ill.