Pages

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Pride of Szeged Hungarian Paprika



Many recipes I come across call for Hungarian sweet paprika. I used to use smoked paprika in it's place because I love it -- it's delicious.

This time, I figured I might as well get some of this popular Hungarian paprika.

I wonder how you're supposed to accurately measure a teaspoon of this stuff without slopping it all over the place?


In case you're wondering, there is a patent pending on the tamper-proof cap.

Szeged Hungarian Paprika, available in the baking aisle at Ralph's for $4.99/5 oz.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You've got to be kidding...if you really think you need to accurately measure a teaspoon of any spice/herb when you are cooking, then you aren't a very good cook! C'mon, freestyle and enjoy!!!!

The Cook said...

I'll give it to you that "accurately measure" is overkill. More succinctly it'd be how to "avoid slopping the stuff all over the place."

That said, I've never claimed to be a good cook. Actually, I claim quite the opposite -- I'm a decent recipe executor.

In my 9-5 field, accuracy and precision are key attributes highly valued; those characteristics, natural to me, carry over into my cooking hobby. "Freestyle" to me means estimating with some accuracy quantities specified.

While you might not think it possible, I always enjoy!

Hope you found whatever it was you were looking for when you came across my post. And thanks for commenting!