Pages

Saturday, February 5, 2011

My Computer Died

Thursday night, I went to Best Buy on a computer eye-buying expedition just for kicks. Last night, after returning home from work, my computer would not turn on.

Today I bought a new computer, my first since September 2004. It's high-falutin' compared to the old one:
  • Old
    • MS XP
    • Office 2003
    • 3000 AMD Athlon processor
    • 512 MB PC2700 DDR SDRAM memory
    • 160 GB 7200 RPM Ultra DMA hard drive
    • DVD+RW/CD-RW 8x with CD writer capacity
    • CD-ROM 48x max speed
    • 64 MG shared video memory
    • front 9-in-1 card reader
  • New
    • MS Windows 7
    • Office 2010
    • AMD Phenom II 1045T Six-Core Processor
    • 8 GB DDR3 memory
    • 1 TB hard drive
    • Blu-Ray player & SuperMulti DVD Burner w/ LightScribe Technology
    • ATI Radeon HD 5570 Series graphics card with 1 GB DDR3 dedicated graphics memory, DVI, HDMI, and DisplayPort capabilities and support for Blu-Ray and MS DirectX 11
    • Front panel 15-in-1 memory card reader

Bear with me as I get accustomed to this one and try to get the data (IMAGES!!!) from the past two months sucked off the old one.

The blog might suddenly skip a couple months depending on how this works out.

One thing I've noticed straight-away is how much nicer this monitor (purchased a couple years ago) works with this new computer vs. the old one. SO VIBRANT and websites actually look normal. There will be some change to Smells.

0 comments: