Pages

Sunday, September 18, 2011

Lodge Skillet Cleaned After First Use, Frying Chicken

Before going to bed last night I drained the oil left in the Lodge skillet from frying some chicken. And I realized that I still need to buy a funnel specifically to drain oil from skillets.

While the garlic roasted I decided the skillet should really be cleaned.


So I followed the Lodge directions, for the most-part. I don't have a brush except the hard-core steel-bristled one, which I worried might do away with the manufacturer seasoning so used a Pampered Chef spatula to just scrape away the chunkies and majority of fat under hot tap water.

The skillet was placed on the stove-top and heated gently to cook off some of the water and wiped with paper towel.


As the skillet was still pretty slick with residual chicken grease and shortening, I didn't wipe it down with additional oil. Look at this beauty.


I am wondering if the steel-bristled brush was why I had to keep season my other skillets every single time. Was it scrubbing away the seasoning? Further experiments will be administered. I'll keep you posted.


0 comments: