Pages

Sunday, September 18, 2011

Mortar and Pestle



I picked this mortar and pestle up from 2000 Plus Restaurant Equipment a couple months ago. I wandered into the store simply because I was near and it was open. When I saw this, I grabbed it. It's heavy porcelain, all slick and shiny, except for the mortar interior and heavy end of the pestle where all of the grinding action happens. That part's gritty.

Just over 4" across, the mortar isn't too large or too tiny. I'm excited about using it to grind up some dried rosemary. I've missed having a mortar and pestle since my last pestle died a humpty-dumpty death by throwing itself from the countertop.

Available at 2000 Plus Restaurant Equipment, where they'll wrap it in newsprint (hooray for reusing!), for $8.64 out the door.

0 comments: