Pages

Sunday, October 16, 2011

Cheesecloth and Frozen Spinach

Here's a couple of 10-oz boxes of chopped spinach. I bought them frozen and let them thaw in the fridge on a plate.


Nine times out of ten, a recipe will tell you to squeeze the spinach dry. I used to use paper towel to try and get the water out. I used LOTS of paper towel. It just dawned on me to use cheesecloth.


I lined a colander with the cloth just for support. And to catch the water, I placed the colander on a plate. In the future, I'll simply do it in the sink. I wanted to see how much water was going to come out.


And then I twisted the corners of the cloth together and really squeezed the spinach.


I'd use about half a roll of paper towel to try and squeeze this much moisture out of spinach and it wasn't nearly as effective.


Note that you might want to loosen the ball of spinach before using it as it will be a tight wad.


0 comments: