Pages

Sunday, October 30, 2011

Country Crock Garlic Mashed Potatoes



I'd not normally buy mashed potatoes from the ready-meal section of the store, but because I was following a recipe went all in. When browsing for prepared mashed potatoes (ready in the time it takes to reheat them), there were essentially two brands available. The other one and Country Crock.

The other one, I forget the brand...something like "Dining In", had a little flag emblazoned on the container claiming they use real butter. Looking at the ingredients, I saw that they indeed do use butter but not as much as they use margarine.

Believe it or not, Country Crock, the same company who make margarine uses real butter in their mashed potatoes! Look there in the ingredient statement below, butter is ingredient number four. (Click the photo for a close-up.) Of course they throw in some oil for good measure.


And don't forget the anti-microbial blend! Mmm!

Pulling the microwaveable bowl from the paper sleeve, I removed the lid and easy-peel film.


Rather than dirty a saucepan and reheating on the stove while stirring, I went with the microwave directions: nuke on high for 4-5 minutes, stirring once.

Voila! I had mashed potatoes. A little more wet than what I prefer, but they seemed alright. Tastewise they weren't too bad either.


Country Crock Garlic Mashed Potatoes available in a 24-oz container in the ready-to-reheat-and-eat case of your local Stater Bros. for $4.49.


0 comments: