Pages

Sunday, July 18, 2010

Food Plan and Grocery List, 071810

This is the first week of living alone AND having a food plan.  It's in a state of flux, but this is what's happening: I still have a boatload of Sweet Korean Wings left.  If Rodney was here for dinner last night, there would be just enough wings left for me to have for lunch. As it is, I have enough left for about 3-4 more meals. 
  • Sweet Korean Chicken Wing leftovers
    • with fries and/or salad?
  • Parmesan Lemon Chicken Pasta
    • with salad?
  • Honey-Baked Chicken
    • with baked/mashed potatoes and salad?
So I shopped.

 Costco:
  • Kirkland Organic Extra-Virgin Olive Oil: $10.79/1.5L
  • bamboo cutting boards: $19.99 -- just wanted to let you know I bought new ones, a 3-pack of various sizes for less than my typical (super-fantastic) Epicurian boards
Grower's Direct:
  • lemon: $0.32/0.36 lb
  • russet potatoes: $0.8/1.35 lb
  • large mushrooms: $0.98/0.41 lb
  • Roma tomatoes: $0.84/0.85 lb
  • black seedless grapes: $1.70/2.15 lb
  • romaine lettuce: $0.79/head
  • spring mix: $0.99/5 oz.
  • TOTAL: $6.42
..................................................................................
072310
Stater Bros.:
  • rib eye steak, boneless: $2.70 @3.99/lb
  • broccoli crown: $1.16/0.65 lb
  • TOTAL: $3.86
Grand Total: $21.07 for food; $21.74 (including tax) for the bamboo cutting boards.

.................................................................................

Just a couple of notes:
I was running out of extra-virgin olive oil and bought some organic oil.  Not an organic junky (though I should be), the regular EVOO comes in a two-pack of 2L at Costco.  The last pack I bought was right before I started blogging.  And I'm finally running out.  The organic comes in a single 1.75L bottle.  Cost per unit usually plays a big part in my shopping, but I'm realistic about turn-over being a good thing when it comes to items I ingest.  After all turn-over leads to good turn-outs, if you know what I mean.  *wink*

I'd been holding out to get more Epicurian cutting boards for a while now.  I gave in and bought these bamboo boards just because they came in a pack of three for $15, bamboo is a good wood to buy as it grows like a weed, and I was already at Costco so no extra trips for "fancy" and higher-priced but completely solid cutting boards.  I hope these bamboo boards don't suck.

0 comments: