Pages

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Rib Eye Steak Salad with Fresh Corn


The other day, I prepared the leftover steaks to top salad. The first steak salad I had for dinner that night. Tonight, I'm having the remainder of the steak on another salad.

Since I had an ear of corn, I thought I'd do a marvelous thing by "grilling" it on the cast iron grill pan. Well, that didn't work out too well and I wound up baking it in the somewhat charred husk.

Turns out, baking corn in the husk works out very, very well.

My salad consisted of romaine lettuce, mushrooms, cherry tomatoes, fresh corn from the cob, steak and then a sprinkle of Italian dressing, cheese and the last of the croutons from the cupboard.



It was a salad for true carnivorous folks like me and I enjoyed it, very much so.

Cost:

  • rib eye steak half: $2.60
  • corn-on-the-cob: $0.59
  • romaine: $0.30
  • mushrooms: $0.50
  • tomato: $0.21
Total: $4.20. Still beats any restaurant salad and honestly, there was enough for two, though I managed to pack the majority into my gullet.

0 comments: