Pages

Saturday, July 10, 2010

Tequila Shrimp and Cilantro-Lime Rice leftovers

I made this taco for dinner.


That's what was left of the Across the Border Tequile Shrimp, Cilantro Lime Rice and beans we had for dinner the other night. Rodney had apparently had some yesterday. There were only 4-5 shrimps in there! Normally I'd ask him why he'd leave just 4 shrimps when he could've easily polished them off. It's like leaving a spoonful of ice cream in the container. But he wasn't here. And I cried.


I simply nuked the leftovers in the bowl (a couple minutes at low power so the shrimp wouldn't get rubbery), warmed a tortilla and piled everything on, topping it off with Herdez salsa verde.

While waiting for the microwave to beep, I took a look around the kitchen. The coffee maker that would not be brewing coffee, the Costco-box of Honey Nut Cheerios that will probably go stale, the remaining batch of cookies Rodney baked last night that wouldn't be consumed since he burned each one, and the single box of soymilk that wouldn't accompany any of those cookies he'd baked, all sat so still and quietly. And I cried a little bit. I noticed that the Brita filter had to be changed. Rodney used to take care of that. And I cried a little bit more.

This morning, after Rodney left, I laid in bed contemplating how different things would be here for me. How different things would be there for him. And I cried. When I got hungry, I ate this half of the leftover burrito from Los Primos in bed while watching Arrested Development.


Who knew Jason Bateman was back to acting? I thought he returned to the planet, played that part in Juno, and fell off the planet again. Huh. Having 2 channels on the TV really puts a person under a rock.

The half-burrito tasted good, but honestly, my mouth felt and smelled like pooh afterwards. And that made me cry too.

0 comments: