Pages

Sunday, February 24, 2013

Choice Boneless Beef Chuck Roast, Tied



Looking at store ads I found that Ralph's was having a big sale on their choice beef. I went and got one.


The recipe I chose called for a tied roast. I thought having tied a whole boneless chicken would give me a leg up on this, that it would be easy. But the roast wasn't even of even thickness and for some reason I got hung up on trying to keep the strings perfectly parallel.


It took me 20 minutes to do this.


I tried doing it with one long piece, but that wasn't working. The tear in the butcher paper above is because I kept wrestling with that roast. The end result: two pieces of twine, each tied around the roast. You know when you tie your shoes? The first thing you do is loop one lace over and under the other? For my roast I did that twice, then a double knot, for each string. It should not come loose. I just hope the strands don't slip off the skinny end.

Choice Boneless Beef Chuck Roast, $2.99 /lb (on sale, half-price!).

0 comments: