Pages

Sunday, February 3, 2013

Costco Ground Beef



Even ground beef is big at Costco. This package is a whopping 6.62 pounds, which is just a smidge more than what I need for the five recipes I'm planning on doing.

Whoa, whoa, whoa! What!? Really? This package consists of beef from USA, Canada, Mexico, Australia and New Zealand? It has more mileage than I do. As insane as that is, I have to give props to Costco for at least saying so on their label. How have I never noticed this information before? Like yesterday when I was shopping and mentally debated whether 88% lean would be too lean while staring at about 20 of these packages.


Already home, I might as well use it. I'm certainly not going to throw it away and the idea of standing in the returns line at Costco? I'd rather chew your toenails. At least I'm armed with information for the next time.

I bagged the ground cow into 1- and 1.5-lb portions, flattening the bags and squeezing all the air out before sealing. When flattened, they are super easy to manage in the freezer and they thaw FAST. The portion just sitting there on the tray? Dinner fixin's.


Kirkland ground beef, 88/12, available in the meat section of Costco for $2.99/lb.



1 comments:

Brandon said...

I love the ground beef, but I recently switched to <a href="https://costcofdb.com/costco-ground-turkey-butterball-costco-review> Costco's Ground Turkey</a> for health reasons. It doesn't taste as good as ground beef, but its still pretty delicious!