Pages

Sunday, March 31, 2013

Farmer John Spiral-Sliced Ham



There's a recipe I want to try and it calls for ham. This is the smallest one I could find.


If I didn't have a recipe, I'd probably try this brown sugar glaze recommendation. The ingredients are not completely crazy and it sounds really easy. My glaze packet went into the garbage. I hate to waste, but couldn't see myself ever using it if I saved it.


In case you want to try it, here's the ham label you want to look for. On the backside, there's instructions for the ham as well as the glaze.

I don't know if you'll be able to see the ingredients even if you click the picture, so:
cured with water, sugar, salt, 2% or less of sodium lactate, corn syrup, modified food starch, dextrose, sodium phosphates, sodium diacetate, sodium erythorbate, sodium nitrite, flavorings.

When the package is opened, you'll find a bone guard on the bone. I'm pretty sure it's not to protect the bone, but to protect the package from the bone. Regardless, remove it.


And now you can eat it as is, or warm it up. Ham is awesome that way.


Farmer John Spiral-Sliced Ham available in the meat coolers at Ralph's for $2.99/lb. The smallest one at the store came in at 8.39 lbs. That's still a lot of ham.

0 comments: