Pages

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Stater Bros. Sliced Stewed Tomatoes



I've never used stewed tomatoes for anything. I'm still not sure what stewed tomatoes would bring to a dish except super fast cooking time since, I guess, these are technically cooked once. Any insight is appreciated.


I picked the store brand because the ingredients don't include high fructose corn syrup and are essentially the same as the higher priced brand name tomatoes.

When opening the can, I couldn't help but wonder if brand name tomatoes would have more tomatoes than this. Maybe they just settled to the bottom of the cans.


Stater Bros. Sliced Stewed Tomatoes available in the canned vegetable aisle for $0.79 a 14.5-oz can.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

I opened the very same Stater Bros Sliced Stewed Tomatoes and there were no tomatoes in them. It is more like tomato sauce. I'm I the process of making chili and am mad that it will not be the same. I actually bought 2 cans and haven't decided if I'm opening the second or not. I've already ruined my dinner by pouring it in before I checked it out carefully.