Pages

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Boboli Whole Wheat Pizza Crust



I've never had a Boboli.  Since my last pizza experience, I thought I'd try making a pizza, but due to time constraints, opted to buy this crust.

The ingredient statement is kind of lengthy, but not as bad as I'd imagined it would be.

Whole wheat flour, water, palm oil, polydextrose, yeast, wheat gluten, molasses, milk casein, salt, mozzarella cheese (milk, cheese cultures, salt and enzymes), sugar, preservatives (calcium propionate, sorbic acid), fumaric acid, modified food starch, sodium phosphate, whey, monoglycerides, lactic acid, natural flavor, garlic, artificial color.  

This thing looks weird and smells kinda funny.  It feels weird too, kinda greasy slick.

Top and bottom of a Boboli.

Boboli pizza crust: $4.89 at Ralph's.


0 comments: