Pages

Sunday, September 12, 2010

Food Plan and Grocery List, 091210

I started out today thinking I'd make a batch of jambalaya, it sounded so tasty! Part of me was thinking it was a total win as there's be plenty to have for dinner and lunch over a couple days and I could freeze the rest.

After making my grocery list, off I went to Costco for the meat. On the way, I thought about the food I have in the freezer...a couple servings of Black and White Bean Chicken Chili and three different flavors of lasagna wrapped in individual portions. Did I really need to add jambalaya to the mix?

I wound up buying a soda and a carton of Camels. Yes, I'm still a dirty rotten smoker. That's beside the point, the point was I didn't buy meat for jambalaya.

Instead, I drove to Grower's Direct, thinking I'd get stuff to make salads and sandwich fixin's as I still have a good portion of SunFlour bread left. On the way there, I automagically put a food plan together. I'm still amazed.

The line-up this week doesn't include anything new (unless I do the quiche), but doesn't consist of any beef, which I've been eating a lot of lately:


I bought:

Grower's Direct:

  • scallions: $0.39/bunch
  • cauliflower: $1.82/2.04 lb
  • garlic bulb: $0.37
  • ginger root: $0.19/0.13 lb
  • jalapeno pepper: $0.08/0.08 lb
  • fresh basil: $1.52
  • spinach: $1.59/10 oz
  • TOTAL: $5.96
The Meat House:

  • Comte cheese: $4.34/0.3 lb (I wanted Gruyere, but they were out and recommended this Comte)
  • Boar's Head ham: $8.90/0.99 lb
  • TOTAL: $13.24
Ralph's:

  • Bumblebee crab meat: $3.49/6 oz
  • lentils: $3.29/1.5 lb
  • Canadian bacon: $5.99/12 oz (I was hoping to get 4 oz from The Meat House, but they didn't have any)
  • TOTAL: $12.77
Grand Total: $31.97

................................................................................
091610, Costco:

  • black beans: $5.59/8-15 oz cans
091710, Stater Bros.:

  • calrose rice: $4.99/5 lbs
Grand Total: $42.55

0 comments: